We stopped at Eric's place on the way to Disneyland. Fort Irwin is really in the middle of nowhere, just south of Death Valley. We hiked up a mountain by his house called Blacky Mountain. This is Kaylee, Ashley and Tyler starting up the mountain.
This is the view from the top. That little town is Fort Irwin. There are some pretty "ghetto" places on base but Eric told us they are tearing them down to build more. Because Eric is a Captain, he gets a pretty nice place. When we were on top, we could hear them pr acting shooting in the distance.
Here is Kaylee next to a monument on top of the mountain.
Here is the crew coming back down the mountain. The only one not with us is Kelly because she is expecting and was tired.
Tuesday, May 13, 2008
Spring Break
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I would love to see where Eric lives so I am glad that you have the pictures! I am just glad that I am seeing something new on this blog! :)
I love the picture of the kids hiking up the mountain!
Post a Comment