Tuesday, July 1, 2008

There is a bird in the house!

In the mornings, we will open our front door and our back door and let the morning breeze help cool the house down. Cory opened them the other day then left for work. I was in the kitchen and could hear something. I went into the entryway and there was a bird in the house. He had flown in through the front door and then flew up to the window above the door. He kept trying to fly out the window, I couldn't get him to come down to the open door. My mother-in-law came to the rescue with two butterfly nets and we got it to fly down in between the window and the blinds. Sandy reached in and got it and she let the girls pet it.Kaylee wanted a turn holding the bird. Ashley kept asking if we could feed it. Nope!
Ashley wanted a turn to hold it but didn't hold on tight enough and the bird flew out the door. Yay! No more bird!! Ashley wasn't happy and threw a fit.
But she quickly got over it when they went chasing butterflies!

3 comments:

Mama Cher, Ok, fine, it's Sharon said...

I love that mad face! And your house looks amazing, love that view! We need to come over!

Katie L. said...

Ha! Ashley's fit is so funny! I still laugh when I think about you calling me and saying there is a bird in your house...only up there! Ha!

Mindy said...

We had a bird in our house once- it flew down the chimney and got stuck in the wood-burning stove. Crazy! Thank goodness for nets. I love Ashley's face, what a silly.