On the drive out to Vega Reservoir in Colorado for the Powell family reunion we passed two wild fires. I got this picture of the sun behind a plume of smoke.
This picture is out of order but oh well, these are two of the cutest hula dancers I have ever seen.
On the way out Cory's dad pulled off the road because his truck felt like it was on a bumpy road but we weren't. His tread of his tire was coming off, luckily we caught it before the tire blew. When we were getting ready to go, Noel's truck battery was dead so we had to give it a jump.
Here we all are pulled off the road.
Fixing the tire.
Check out my hot husband! We were out in the middle of the lake just floating and swimming. I was messing around with my camera and just relaxing.
Me, Ashley, Olivia and Nicoel on the tube. Ashley and Livy loved the tube, they didn't want to get off.
Me, Kaylee, Olivia and Nicoel on the tube.
Cory taking the girls for a ride on the boat while I park the trailer.
Ashley was riding her bike with her hula skirt on and the grass got caught in the chain. She just sat there with this look on her face asking if anyone would help. We were all laughing and she had to wait until I could go get my camera.
We stayed in a cabin that was probably built in the 60s and still had all the original furnishings. The floor sloped and the couches were pushed up against this wall were you had to tilt your head to sit on them.
The kitchen floor sloped so bad there was probably a foot and a half difference form one end to the next.
Here is a picture of Ashley on the front porch of the cabin. Notice Olivia in the upstairs window.
Me and Ashley out for a ride. She wasn't too happy after days of lack of sleep.
Grandpa taking Kaylee for a wave runner ride. He let her drive it and she didn't want to get off.
Here is a picture of the lake, it really was in a beautiful area. It was nice to be up in the mountains were it was cool in the morning and evenings and perfect during the day.
Family picture in front of the cabin.
This topped off the weekend. As we were packing up to go home, and my mother-in-law found this rats nest in the cupboard in the kitchen. Luckily we were smart enough to leave everything in the totes. It was nice to come home and shower and wash everything and feel clean!
Here is a picture of my brother in law in one of the showers. It was so gross, no dared shower in it.
Here are the three trouble makers on the stairs leading up to the bedrooms. They loved playing with the glow sticks. Cheap entertainment.

3 comments:
My favorite pictures are the sun behind the smoke (really pretty), the boys sitting on the couch (I am still laughing about that one), and Ashley in her hula caught in the bike! Ha! I still cringe thinking about that place after you told me about it! It made for good memories...yucky but funny!
I didn't know you had a blog. I saw it from the Hiatt family blog page. It is so cute. I saw your pictures from the drive out to your last trip. It is never a vacation with any Hiatt without some mechanical incident. Loved the hula skirt caught in the bike chain. By the time I got down to posting a comment I was laughing out loud. Awesome!!
Looks like fun! I'm sad we missed it!
Post a Comment