Monday, October 29, 2007

My new calling...

I got a new calling in my ward. I am one of the ward organists. That would be great and all except I have never even touched an organ! My sister-in-law got the same calling and she is in the same boat. Apparently our ward is in need of organists! I have until the first of the year to learn how to play. When they sent me apart, I told them they need to give me special music playing powers or something. We'll have to see how it goes!!

5 comments:

Leah said...

Good luck! That would scare the CRAP out of me! I'm not musically inclined at all!

Mindy said...

You know Jess, Grandma is probably having a little laugh over this. I remember her getting after us to learn to play the organ.
We have the same problem in our ward. Good luck, I'm sure you will do awesome.

Katie L. said...

You will do great!

Anonymous said...

This should be interesting!!! :-)

-Nicoel

Anonymous said...

Wow! I guess that organ playing is a dying art form?? I'm sure that you will be blessed with the ability to conquer this!